You may join ADS “at large”, but we suggest you join (and receive a discount) via a local society. Find a society in your area using the Societies menu button above. In a local society you will meet dahlia enthusiasts, learn first-hand from local growers, and have a lot of fun! The information on this page describes obtaining or renewing an ADS At Large Membership only.
Memberships are for January 1 through December 31 regardless of when you pay your dues. Memberships include quarterly issues of the “Bulletin of the American Dahlia Society” (March, June, September, and December) and the Classification and Handbook of Dahlias.
Available At Large Memberships include:
- USA Individual Membership (1-person, 1-Classification book) – $27
- USA Family Membership (2-people, 2-Classification books) – $30
- USA Individual Membership (1-person, 1-Classification book) with “Snow Bird” mailing* – $33
- USA Family Membership (2-people, 2-Classification books) with “Snow Bird” mailing* – $36
- Canada or Mexico Individual Membership (1-person, 1-Classification book), includes mandatory first class postage.- $33
- Canada or Mexico Family Membership (2-people, 2-Classification books), includes mandatory first class postage.- $36
- International Individual Membership (1-person, 1-Classification book), includes mandatory first class postage.- $48
Inquire about special rates for sponsored students (age 18 and younger).
To join, send a membership application and your check, U.S. currency only, payable to the American Dahlia Society to:
Alan A. Fisher
1 Rock Falls Ct.
Rockville, MD 20854
Any payments sent by registered mail, such as cash, must be mailed to:
c/o S. M. Boyer
16816 County Road 10
Bristol, IN 46507
THE ADS ONLY ACCEPTS PAYMENTS MADE IN U.S. DOLLARS.
You may also join online, and pay with PayPal, via the ADS Store.
*Snowbird Option: US Members with 2 regular addresses during the year (Snow Bird) MUST join with a Snow Bird Option that includes changing the address twice a year and sending all publications by first class (so the post office will forward if necessary). This option is also available to members who wish to receive all publications by first class mail.
The ADS encourages those who are financially able to renew at a higher level to help support ADS projects.
A Patron Membership is $50. A Benefactor Membership is $100. Patron and Benefactor Memberships are both family memberships.
We also encourage donations (tax deductible) to the ADS for dahlia research projects approved by the ADS Executive Committee. Such projects currently include an ADS-sponsored virus research project at Washington State University and a genome sequencing project.
The ADS is a 501(c)(3) tax deductible organization. All dues payments in excess of the basic membership & shipping costs, and all donations are deductible for income tax purposes.